Sunday, April 19, 2009

Church In the Bathroom!

I have to say it, the kids were pretty good at church today. We had an awesome sacrament meeting. Our ward struggles and we don't get those super awesome, spirit filled meetings all too often. Don't get me wrong, I love my ward, but... we get a few truly inspired speakers sprinkled throughout the inexperienced speakers and the "oops, I forgot to prepare" speakers. We don't often have a meeting where the spirit is felt strongly by all for the entire meeting. We had 3 youth speakers. Michael and Brendan are 10 and 11, respectively and both did an amazing job speaking about what they can do now to prepare for a mission later. Luke, 16 I think, also did a nice job as well, again speaking about preparing to go on a mission. The primary sang "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission" and then newly returned Elder Brandeberry spoke. I had the great privilege of being Josh Brandeberry's seminary teacher during his senior year. I still remember the flooding feeling of the spirit when I asked Josh, in class, if he intended on serving a mission. He could not have answered faster or more surely then he did with the "ABSOLUTELY, with out a doubt, yes." You can imagine what his talk was like if he was that strong BEFORE his mission. Not to mention, he ended his 30 minute talk by bearing his testimony in Mandarin Chinese. So cool! Anyway, I'm a little of subject here, but the point was it was a good meeting, the kids were good, and, drum roll please, Jaden told me he had to go potty! I took him and yes he was dry. He sat on the potty and pushed for a few minutes. He didn't go, but he did toot a little. He's trying!! About 30 seconds after we went back in and sat down, I felt his bum on my lap go very warm. We would have had success if we had held church in the bathroom!! Success would have been fantastic, but I would have missed out on the wonderful meeting today!

1 comment:

Keep-N-Touch said...

Church WAS wonderful this Sunday... and YAY Jaden!

My Blog List

Followers