Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's to the zoo we go!!

Well, Monday we took advantage of the fact that daddy was off from work and took the kids to the zoo. Even though Richmond Zoo is teeny tiny, we still had an awesome time. Jaden in particular. He wore a huge grin and was so excited move from one exhibit to the next to see what other kind of animals were there. The only thing he didn't care for was the giraffes and the petting zoo. Oh he liked to look at both of them, but you can feed the giraffes and pet/feed the animals in the petting zoo and he has the attitude of "it's all good, as long as i don't have to touch!" The other kids keep us entertained with funny comments about things, like Kaylee's "boofalo" (aka buffalo). Ethan though, lent a comic view to the day...more then once! We went to look at the crocodiles and daddy asked him "hey Ethan are these alligators or crocodiles?" Ethan says, "ummm... I don't know... oh! wait! I DO know! They are alligators!" Daddy says, " Really, how can you tell?" Ethan looks at him like he is either totally bonkers or as dumb as a rock and says, "duh, dad, alligators are animals and crocodiles are shoes!" I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna die! A little while later he comes up with another doosie! *caution readers: if you are easily offended, stop reading now!* Ethan was our "adult content" humor of the day too! He says, "hey dad! I know why they call those birds peacocks! It's because they have a cock." He had no idea what he said, but my mouth fell open in surprise, and Bryan was speechless. All in all, it was a fun and amusing day!

1 comment:

April said...

Ha! Crocs are shoes, duh! lol My brother recenly told my son that "cock" is a bad word. So now of course he says it all the time! If only he had never said anything. Haha. Glad you guys had a fun weekend.

My Blog List

Followers