Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Genius!

OK, so this is how it goes around here. We are all in the kitchen, me fixing dinner, Ethan sitting at the table watching and Jacob is flappin' around, bouncing from person to person, talking everyone's ears OFF, and in general being a pesky 5 year old! Ethan gets tired of it and finally tells him, "I bet you can't find the play donut!" I look at Ethan out of the corner of my eye thinking, "That little sneak! He knows that I put all the play food in "time-out" Jacob will never be able to find the play donut!" Well, sneaky or not, it worked for a while. Jacob bounced on out of the kitchen and we had relative peace... for about 30 seconds. Jacob comes dancing back in (I swear the boy cannot hold still!). He's flitting around for about 5 seconds when he stops cold. He just freezes, mid word, mid dance. and stares. Then he says with copious amounts of utter amazement in his voice, "I'm a GENIUS!" He walks over to the deep freeze, reaches between the wall and the freezer and pulls out the play donut! He brings it over to me, carefully, cupping the plastic toy in his hands like it's the Holy Grail, and repeats himself, "I'm a GENIUS!" Two hours later, Daddy hits the door, and we have a repeat performance, again, "I am a GENIUS!". Glad to know he's figured out so early, what I've known all along!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness! That's hilarious!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

April said...

Haha! What a cutie pie. :)

Keep-N-Touch said...

Too cute!

My Blog List

Followers