Monday, October 26, 2009

Thanks Nessie!!


OK, so my kids are pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods and all... IF they don't know what it is they are eating! The standard answer to the nightly question (asked 4 times over) of "what's for dinner?" had been "Food", but every once in a while I would have the wild urge to lie, uh... I mean tease, my kids. Short ribs became "lizard legs", fish became "sea monster", etc. etc. Well, last night was Sea Monster Night. Thanks to using Nessie's name, my kids ate EVERYTHING. I have to say, it's the one time I have been grateful that Bryan had to work late and missed dinner with us because there wouldn't have been enough!!! I made 7 (yes s-e-v-e-n, that's not a typo!) large tilapia fillets. When I say large, I mean large! They were about 5-6 inches long, about 4 inches across!! Kaylee ate 2 whole fillets, Ethan ate 2, Jaden tried a bite of mine and didn't like it so he filled up on cucumbers and rice pilaf, I got 2 bites of mine before giving it up to Ethan, and Jacob was king- he ate 3 whole fillets! I heard "I don't like fish, but I love sea monster!!" eight times. And yes, I was counting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hysterical!

April said...

Brilliant! I love it. :)

Keep-N-Touch said...

THAT is brilliant!!! We may have sea monster soon.

My Blog List

Followers