Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Importance of Proper Hydration


Well, it's been as hot as the six shades of Hades around here lately, and as I am telling my kids all day, every day, you have to "DRINK MORE WATER! You have to stay hydrated or you'll make yourself sick." Well, I need to quit saying that to Jaden, evidently. On Monday we got a new refrigerator delivered. In order to be ready for the old one to go bye-bye, we unloaded everything into ice chests. The stuff from on top of the fridge I just put on the counter. Bad idea. Among the stuff from the top of the fridge was a box of Capri sun's, the kind that are flavored water. There were 9 pouches left in the box. By the time I caught Jaden hiding behind the couch with the box, there was nothing left but the empties. About 2 hours later it hit him. He wet his pants twice and had 3 more near accidents, all in the space of about an hour and a half. He wet the bed that night as well. I guess I should be more careful with what I ask for because I just might get it.

My Blog List

Followers