Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waterlogged!


Swim team is officially over and I have to admit I am glad! It is just too stinkin' hot to sit with Grayson and Jaden on the side of the pool for 2 hours a day and watch the big kids practice. They all did AMAZING this year! Jacob had 1st place in freestyle and backstroke in every regular season meet except the last one (He took 4th in freestyle in that one because he moved up an ability group!). Racing in the Championship Meet, he took 12th in freestyle. He also swam backstroke and he swam a 4x100 meter freestyle relay. We don't have the results back on those events yet, we are just waiting for them to be posted on the swim team website. Kaylee swam backstroke and did VERY well. She only competed in 2 regular season meets (placed 6th and 7th) and that was good enough to qualify for champs. She has really improved this year I am excited to see what next summer brings! Ethan also swam backstroke. He won his heat in every single meet that he competed in to include Champs! He placed 6th twice and a 5th in the overall standings. We are still waiting to hear back on both of their results from Champs. I am so proud of all of them. They all worked so hard and tried their VERY best!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

How exciting for them! I can't wait until we can sign our kids up for some things. Brock has really taken to water polo...but they don't have it where we are moving. I'll have to see if he'll want to do swim team.

Amy said...

I remember the long nights of swim team. This is the 1st year Noah hasn't done it since he was 4. I think I miss it until I think of the 11pm nights with work at 6 in the morning. Glad they did well. GO SYC!!!!!!!!!

Cecile said...

I am very proud of my grandkids and of their mother. Thanks, Stacy, for having such a wonderful blog. Keep posting!

My Blog List

Followers