Monday, July 23, 2007

"Dot" the "I"

Well, its only 10 am and we've already had 2 things note worthy happen. Its gonna be a crazy day, I can feel it! Ethan has been carrying around one of Kaylee's chapter books called Junie B. Jones. He told grandma that he was reading it and that he was on the "second third chapter". "oh?" says grandma, "will you read some to me?" Ethan says "no, I'm just practicing reading". Grandma says "oh you mean you just read the words that you know?" Ethan says, "Yeah, I'm just reading the words that I know... I only know 'the' and 'I'"
Jake had his own moment this morning too. He and the other kids went out in the back yard to play this morning. We are dog sitting for Uncle Eric and so Toula is in the backyard too. When he came back inside I looked at him and saw that the front of his shirt is covered in brown red dust stuff. I said "Jake, whats all over your shirt?" He says something unintelligible that sounds like "toowadoats" I said "what?!?!" He says, "Toowadoats!" I thought about it for a minute and then said "do you mean Toula dots?" Yeah! He says. "she knocked me down and stepped on me. gave me tou-wa dots on my shirt."

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers