Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hummingbirds like kool-aid!

Our hummingbird feeder has be empty for a while. I can't keep up with the birds as they drain the whole thing in an afternoon. I had kinda given up, but Jake was very concerned about the hummingbirds not having enough to drink, so... I got the feeder down out of the tree and had put it on the counter to clean and refill. He came in and saw it and tried to pour cherry kool-aid into it. Only succeeded in making a mess and staining the counter top. He helped me clean it up and then helped me to make food for the birds and when I started filling it up, he got all excited and said "I'm gonna go tell the Hummingbirds that they have a drink again!" and he took off out into the back yard. I can see him from the kitchen window where I am standing filling up the feeder. He is standing under the tree looking up at the branches and yelling"Here hummingbirds! Come on hummingbirds! Come here hummingbirds!!" When he gets no response (of course) he comes running back into the kitchen, "Mommy! Mommy! Come help me call the hummingbirds! They aren't listening to me!" Boy, if he only knew. He must be part hummingbird too.
Jaden is starting to stand without support. He loves to bang on the entertainment center with a block and he has discovered that he can do that more effectively if he doesn't have to hold on to it too. He pulls up and gets balanced and steady then lets go and starts banging away with the block. It's only a matter of time and then we are IN TROUBLE!!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers