Friday, March 26, 2010

Artsy Kids, Anxious Babes!

Well, last night we went to the Colonial Heights Art Festival because Kaylee and Ethan both had artwork chosen to exhibit. Kaylee had 3 pieces up and Ethan had one. It's quite an honor for them to be chosen to have artwork displayed. They choose the top one or two from each art project completed with Mrs. Booty (yes, that IS her name!), the art teacher. All 3 elementary schools, and the middle school and high school submit their work and it gets judged. 1st through 3rd places are awarded for each age group (k-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12) and category (photography, ceramics, paint, etc.). Kaylee brought home a 1st and a 3rd place! Ethan brought home a third place ribbon too! We are so proud of them! When the artwork gets returned I will get it scanned in and posted in the blog... you all will just have to wait anxiously till then!

On the baby update note, little one (still no name...) is doing well. He's out of room. He's head down still (yay!). And he's a bit on the big side. Something we already suspected since he LOOKS like Ethan did at birth! I am scheduled to be induced April 9th. That means that either my mom-in-law will share her birthday or my brother Ryan will share his if it takes more than 18 hours. I am not excited at the prospect of an induction. Only had one previously and it was a nightmare. I am thinking that we won't make it till the 9th anyway, seeing as how I have contractions all the time. In fact Wednesday morning they started and I had 12 hours of 5 minute apart contractions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'll be hoping for sooner than later...why don't you aim to share my hubby's birthday? April 1st is only a few days away!

My Blog List

Followers