Saturday, June 30, 2007

Gone Fishin'











Well, all three of the older kids have accomplished something that their daddy has tried his whole life to do. And done it twice. They caught fish!!! All three of them caught two fish a piece! You should have seen their faces! They were so excited. I have video and I have pictures so I will be working to get those online soon. We drove up to Tonto National Forest and went to the Tonto Creek fish hatchery and played around there for a while. Then we went up to a place that specializes in kids fishing. It was a nice little place, very pretty, and they had a little lake. More like a pond really, that was stocked with rainbow trout. You got a bamboo fishing pole and homemade bait from the shop and went "fishing". Similar to shooting fish in a barrel if you ask me!! All you really had to do was dip your hook into the water and pull it out with a fish on it! Kaylee caught her second one in less than 3 seconds. Not hardly fair for the fish, but for the kids and their goldfish attention spans, it was perfect! Good size trout too. Very yummy, I might add. Jake ate more than any one else. He really liked it. He told us he wanted to save a piece for Abbey, our cat. We told him OK, just to put it on the side of his plate. He couldn't help himself, and ate it anyway! After we caught the fish we had a picnic lunch right there by the pond and after we ate, the kids asked if they could go over by the fish pond again. It is surrounded by a wall to help keep kids from falling in and so we told them they could. I told Jake to be careful. His response? "Don't worry mommy, there are no sharks in there!"

1 comment:

bryan said...

Awe! What a bunch of cute kids. I really miss them. I can't believe how big Jaden is! What a cute baby; he's not even a baby anymore. Not fair *sad*. I'll be staring at the blog for awhile. I just can't get over the pics.

My Blog List

Followers