Sunday, January 17, 2010

AAAAAAAAA and Hair!






Well, this past week on Tuesday night, the whole family got to go to the High School auditorium and watch as Kaylee and Ethan walked across the stage to receive their "All A Average for the 2008-2009 School Year" medal. If the actual percentage earned over all four quarters averages out to an A for all subjects/classes (which in this school district is a 94% or higher I might add!) then they hold a special awards ceremony. Usually it is held just before or just after school starts, but they were late this year for some reason. It was Tuesday night. Kaylee and Ethan both received medals!! I am so proud! Of course, Ethan had to ruin it by bringing home two reading tests on Friday... both D's. Sigh.



On another note, Kaylee finally got her hair cut!! I am so excited! It looks so good on her. She wanted to keep the length and frankly because she can pull her own hair into a ponytail I was all for that too, but it needed something. It got a good trim and long layers added and, drum roll please.... BANGS! She has started to get my little fringe, I think some people call it angel hair, but I call it my "@!#$% freaky no I didn't let my 3 year old cut my hair" hair. It grows along the edges of my hair line. Its short enough to look ridiculous and it reaches only a certain length and then breaks off. It never grows out, it never looks even. It's obnoxious. Until recently here, Kaylee really didn't have any to speak of. As she's gotten a little older I started noticing spots here and there. In the last 3 months she's had a "freaky, etc" hair explosion. It got to the point that she noticed it and hated it. I asked her if she wanted to cut bangs as they hide the worst of it and she readily agreed. I think she looks fabulous!



Another Hairy adventure we had this week (Ha, Ha, Ha!) was "Crazy Hair Day" at school on Friday. Once a year the school does a day that the kids get to wear crazy hair (it coincides with H week for the kindergarten classes). The kids had a blast making their hair wild and crazy. We ran short on time to take pictures before school, but miraculously, their hair stayed put for the most part and I got pictures after school instead!

And yes, before you ask, Jacobs hair is in a purple mohawke with red and green spots!

3 comments:

Keep-N-Touch said...

I LOVE her bangs! She looks so much older. Yay for A's!

April said...

I like her haircut. She is such a cutie. And all A's?! Awesome!

Amy said...

Love her hair. It is sooooooo cute. She is so pretty.

I remember those days of wacky hair day. Good job mom. Their hair looked great!!!

My Blog List

Followers