Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunbeam!!




Today my BABY started Sunbeams!! Can you believe it???!!! I know I can't! He did great. He was a little confused that we didn't stop at the door to the nursery, but didn't make a fuss when I told him to keep going down the hall. This past week, we have talked up the fact that since he was 3, that he would get to go to the "big kids primary" now! He seemed excited about it and we were hoping for a smooth transition. Fortunately, we were surprised beyond just a smooth transition! He went to his class with no fuss, tears, or shyness! He sat still during class and then again during sharing and singing time. He wasn't fidgety or wiggly. He didn't talk out of turn or (more impressively for him) he did talk when called upon!! The only thing he did that wasn't perfect was during sharing time. He was humming "I am a Child of God" too loud! When I went to pick him up after it was all over, I asked if he had been good. He told me yes, and his teacher told me that it was the best behaved Sunbeam class that she had ever seen! I guess it helps that there are only two of them. Go Jaden and Kayla!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

He looks like a proud little Sunbeam. Brock said the closing prayer the last Sunday in December, and prayed that his current teacher wouldn't move up to the next class (he actually said this out loud in his prayer!). But the presidency just started laughting hysterically! His teacher was actually the primary presidents husband (and he was just substituting).
Emily just moved up from her Sunbeam class. They grow so fast!

My Blog List

Followers