Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snicker, snicker, snort!

OK, so this afternoon I kinda cornered Bryan and made him talk a bit about names for this new boy. I want a name like yesterday, and he seems to think we have all the time in the world to decide. We both agree that there can't be anymore J names. Jake and Jaden are confusing enough in times of stress, or exasperation, or frustration... basically all the time! So we were looking in a baby name book and we came across "Blake" we both liked it a lot. Until I said, "ummm.... Blake and Jake? Are we really that dumb?" Bryan started to laugh and it set me off too. Bryan says "Yeah, Blake and Jake is as bad as using another J name!" All of a sudden he starts rolling in laughter again. He says, "It sounds like you are swearing at Jake" Huh? Then it dawns on me "Blankin' Jake". We lost it. Probably not our most dignified moment, but man, it WAS funny!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

=) That's as good as Drew Lee and Drew Lynn! Too bad though, Blake is cute.

April said...

Funny!

Keep-N-Touch said...

That is too funny! I tried to convince my youngest brother that if we had a boy we would name him Zenos. His mouth dropped open in disbelief. As I pretended not to understand what was wrong with the name he told me to go through the alphabet and see what it rhymed with... I pretened not to get it. He was nervous right up until he found out Melissa was a girl!

Heidi said...

I like Blake too! But we already have 2 "B" names...Brock and Bransen. I get tongue tied all the time! We need to figure out names pretty soon, huh! Not too long now!

My Blog List

Followers