Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Love That Deco!!


My favorite Christmas Decoration of all time, isn't the fragile angel in the tree top, or the handmade blown glass balls that we got in Germany. It isn't even the homemade ornaments that adorn 99% of our tree. No, it is my nativity set. I never really appreciated it until this year. A few years ago, I found a Little People's Nativity play set on sale during an after Christmas sale. I bought it thinking that it was something that the kids couldn't break. This year, I got smart. ( Yeah, yeah, I already hear the shocked voices "YOU did??!!"). I cleared off the shelf that is Jaden's shoulder height on the bookshelf in the living room. I put that Nativity on that shelf and set it all up nicely. It took all of a day for Jaden to notice it and start looking at it. He looked at it all for a good 20 minutes until he finally asked me if he could touch it. When I said yes, his eyes got big and round and he was so excited. He and I played with that nativity for an hour at least. I told him the story over and over. The whole rest of the month that the nativity was out, Jaden would go and play with it, carting the baby Jesus ever so carefully all over the place, and he started telling me the story. He would show me a piece and tell me all about that person's role in the story. He told me "Mary. Jesus mommy." and "Baby Jesus... so cute!!" It was great. I love to see my little man learn more about his Savior. The excitement a small child shows is so refreshing! Not to mention... I love the donkey. He has a mohawk!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, Autumn has one of those nativities too, and she loves it! I should keep my eyes out for one. They look so cute.
It looks like you had a very memorable Christmas!

My Blog List

Followers